Life to Eagle Training is a vital tool for all Life Scouts to prepare for the rank of Eagle Scout. The Palomar Zone’s Council approved Life to Eagle Trainer is Randy Smith. Please contact Randy (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible to set up your Council approved training. Attention adults, are you interested in being a Eagle Project Counselor, please contact Randy (email@example.com) for further information.
In light of recent restrictions put in place by the governor of the State of California, please visit the Council website for up to date information regarding the Trail to Eagle. https://www.sdicbsa.org/Advancement/Eagle.php
For any other questions or additional information on the Trail to Eagle or Eagle Boards, contact our Zone Advancement Specialists:
Contact Information for Eagle Board of Review Chairs is as follows:
Jeff Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Escondido Eagle Boards
Doug Crawford (email@example.com) – Ramona/Julian Eagle Boards
Linda Latimer (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Vista/San Marcos Eagle Boards
Under the current circumstances around COVID-19, delays in executing an Eagle service project may be inevitable. Any Eagle Scout candidate who anticipates that they may have difficulty completing their Eagle service project before their 18th birthday due to delays incurred due to these circumstances should be strongly encouraged to immediately apply for a project extension. https://www.sdicbsa.org/Advancement/Docs/EagleExtensionRequestDuringCOVID-19.pdf
The Eagle Scout candidate should provide their name, BSA ID, and specific description of the circumstances around the delay they are experiencing and how those delays require an extension to the appropriate Zone Advancement Specialist, who will in turn forward the request to the Council Advancement Committee. Upon acceptance, the Scout will be notified.
STARTING YOUR EAGLE PROJECT
Eagle Scout Project Workbook
(Please save document to computer, then open up with Adobe Acrobat)
- All requirements that are currently in place regarding the project workbook approval process remain the same. Eagle project counselors should be available through email, text or teleconference.
- Use link: https://www.sdicbsa.org/Advancement/EagleCounselors.php to find an Eagle Project Counselor who lives near you. Eagle Project Counselors are listed by district and zip code.
- All communication with Eagle project counselors must adhere to YPT guidelines. Remember that youth are to include an adult in the thread when communicating via text or email.
- Electronic pages of the approval pages from the Eagle Scout Project Workbook may be exchanged via email or file exchange methods (i.e., Box, Google Docs, etc.)
Note: While it makes sense to obtain approvals in the order they appear, there shall be no required sequence for the order of obtaining with the exception that council or zone approval must come after the others. The Eagle Project Counselor provides this final approval only after all other approval signatures have been obtained.
SUBMISSION OF EAGLE APPLICATIONS AND EAGLE PROJECT WORKBOOKS
- Scout will scan the Eagle Application https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/512-728_WB_fillable.pdf and entire Eagle Scout Project Workbook (including all attachments including photos, drawings, certificates, receipts, etc.) and forward a COMPLETE pdf to both the Advancement Chair and the appropriate Eagle Board chair. This includes your Eagle Project Notebook, Statement of Life Ambition, Eagle Rank Application, and any other pertinent paperwork. The Scout must confirm receipt of these documents with the appropriate parties! The Scout will be notified via email or telephone if there are any issues with the information submitted. The Scout is responsible for addressing these deficiencies or questions with the notifying party.
- The District Advancement Chair will forward the completed Eagle Scout Rank Application to the Council to be registered and reviewed.
- Reference letters – Ask your Eagle reference letter-writers to email letters of reference directly to Eagle BOR Chair with your name in the Subject line.
EAGLE BOARDS OF REVIEW
- After all approvals have been received from Council, the Eagle Board Chair will schedule an Eagle Board for the candidate.
- Under current circumstances regarding the COVID-19 guidelines, all Eagle Boards of Review will be conducted remotely via Skype, Zoom, or similar teleconferencing method. The Scout will receive information prior to the Board of Review so they will know what to expect.
- Videoconference boards of review must not be recorded.