For the latest on training opportunities, please visit the Council webpage. https://www.sdicbsa.org/Training/
- Training is an important part of a Scouters role in any position within the BSA. Are you curious as to what training is required for your position, click here.
- IOLS March 16th to March 17th, 2024, in Vista click here for flyer.
- BALOO March 16th to March 17, 2024, in Vista click here for flyer.
- AB506, mandated training and livescan. The state of California adopted additional youth safety requirements in the form of California Law AB 506 (“AB506”) and it took effect January 1, 2022. Please know that AB506 requirements apply to ALL youth service organizations throughout the State – not just Scouting. Also, it is separate from and in addition to BSA Youth Protection Training and thus further supports our mission to protect youth in our program. Scout Councils in California worked together to create the California Scouting web portal (www.CaliforniaScouting.org). This is your point of reference to help answer AB 506 questions and to connect you with the resources needed to comply with the law. As additional information becomes available the website will be updated. The law requires employees, administrators, and volunteers of youth service organizations to complete the state of CA training and undergo Live Scans. AB506 is a two-step requirement for all registered volunteers and for those unregistered adults who regularly work directly with youth.
- All adults must complete AB506 or complete the Exemption form. Am I Exempt? click here for more information.
- High Adventure Leader Trek Training (HALTT) and High Adventure Team (HAT), have events and training available. High Adventure webpage https://highadventure.sdicbsa.org/train_haltt.htm. The High Adventure Team “Speakers Bureau” can provide virtual and in-person training support as part of your troop meeting. For a list of topics offered or for more information contact Tony Ronco – email@example.com. Want to know more about HALTT or HAT , contact Laura Cartier, Chairman High Adventure Team – firstname.lastname@example.org .
Scoutbook Sandbox -Another resource for leaders: Accessing the Scoutbook Sandbox and Accessing the Den Leader Experience (DLE) Sandbox.
Journey to Excellence – Scouting’s Journey to Excellence (JTE) is the BSA aspirational planning, performance and recognition program designed to encourage and reward success of our units. Click here for the scorecards.
Looking for more training assistance:
If you are looking for a particular training for yourself or your unit and do not see it listed on the Council webpage, please contact our Zone Trainer to assist you.